What type of formats can you accept?
- Gerber (RS274-D) with Aperture file
- Gerber extended ( RS274-X). This is preferred.
- DXF (1:1 scale)
- AutoCAD DWG (1:1 scale)
- HPGL (for fab drawings only)
Is there a check off list of information you need for quote?
- Part Dimension (X and Y)
- Number of layers
- Materials, construction and type of flex circuit (Rigid-flex, Multilayer, etc.)
- Surface Finish
- Any special process requirements such as microvias, laser skiving, traces below 75 micron, tight tolerance (less than +/- 0.002″), copper alloys, etc.
- Any control impedance requirements
- Minimum hole size and pad size
- Minimum trace and space
- Gerbers and fab prints are preferred to perform a thorough design review prior to quoting, as well as figuring out the best way to fit the part on a panel.
What are the files required for quote and build?
- Gerber files
- NC Drill file (preferably in Excellon format)
- Fab Drawing (which includes board dimensions, material call out / construction, notes for specification and hole schedule)
Are there files you need to submit for an assembly quote?
- Bill of Materials
- Assembly Drawing
- Assembly Data sheet for components such as BGAs
- Complete Kit for consigned orders
Can you create an impedance model for my design?
We can model impedance values for microstrip, coated microstrip, stripline, asymmetric stripline and differential pair. We can build a test coupon for TDR testing upon customer’s request. We will build boards to your specifications for impedance control and double check your build with our software.
What information do I need to provide for a layout request for flex design?
- Mechanical Drawing or Board Outline
- BOM and applicable parts list (including data sheets if available)
- Special requirements such Controlled Impedance, Shielding, Flexing cycles, Environmental requirements, etc.
- Pad pattern for any wire bond area
- Parts placement specification